Author Topic: American Skier Decals  (Read 21235 times)

Offline Greg

• Dealer.com
American Skier Decals
« on: December 21, 2009, 08:55:49 PM »
Are there any old or reproduction American Skier Decals available? The decals on my boat could use replacing!

Offline chrisheile

Re: American Skier Decals
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 06:30:53 AM »
Ron used to have some transom decals.  I used one of the online companies for my father's 77 side lettering decals.
2002 American Sker Pro

Offline RonT

• Administrator
    • RonTanis
  • Boat Make/Model/Year: American Skier/Eagle V-25/2001
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 07:38:50 AM »
My inventory of decals is getting very low, and have been out of the large hull side old style "Bubble graphics" for years now. Post a specific decal request & I will go in the parts room for a look.

Offline phil

• Gernal Forum Moderator
    • amskierboats.com
  • Boat Make/Model/Year: 2008 Moomba Outback DD
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 08:22:54 AM »
Ron, I would love to buy either the American Skier Girl emblem that was on rear side of the hull or the stickers that say American Skier Competition Ski Boat on the transom. When I bought my 82' it didn't have either of these stickers. I'm really after the transom sticker.

Thanks,

phil

Messer

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 08:55:59 PM »
If anyone has any known locations/websites to get the side lettering (bubble style I believe) for an 84 American Skier I'm all ears. I'm going to try and get mine back into shape before this summer.

Offline brandon

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 09:22:26 PM »
Messer
My neighbor does vinyl decals and could probably make that decal, I think it would be the same as my 85.  The only difference is it would be a two piece decal (the original is black and white on one vinyl sheet, this would be a black background decal and a white overlay decal).  For that matter, any decal shop could make any decal needed with a good enough picture or the original to make a pattern.  I'll ask him how much it would cost to make one and then just add shipping.

Americanskierjim

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 06:33:46 AM »
Hi I would be intrested in getting a set of the american skier girl and a transom sticker. If you need pics I have some of what I need. Thanks              Jim.

Offline chrisheile

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 09:09:17 AM »
Brandon, let us all know.  I'm sure this will come up again.  I might even order a pair for my father.
2002 American Sker Pro

Offline RonT

• Administrator
    • RonTanis
  • Boat Make/Model/Year: American Skier/Eagle V-25/2001
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009, 01:54:19 PM »
The graphic on the hull side aft was called the "Shield Decal" early models had the Girl. later models have the Advance.
I have no shield decals left, but will consider a run if the demand grows
The bubble style hull side (large) decals are also gone.
I did find a couple of the American Skier bubble script transom decals of 3 different colors.
I have several of the modern "slanted block" transom decals, and misc. other "modern decals & safety warnings

The easy answer is your local sign shop who prints vinyl graphics, the down side is that they print with water based inks and do not hold up to the weather very good. This is why boat companies use "die-cut" graphics, not only because they are more economical due to the nature of "die-cutting" but they use much better inks. However the minimum order is quite large.

As the site grows that "critical mass" number may be reached to justify ordering again.

Offline phil

• Gernal Forum Moderator
    • amskierboats.com
  • Boat Make/Model/Year: 2008 Moomba Outback DD
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2009, 01:59:23 PM »
I have no shield decals left, but will consider a run if the demand grows
count me in..

I did find a couple of the American Skier bubble script transom decals of 3 different colors.

I would like to purchase one from you in white if you are willing to sell them.

Offline brandon

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2009, 02:32:52 PM »
I talked to my neighbor, he said it won't be a problem but I have to show him what they look like to get an idea on cost.  I only can get him the bubble style from the mid 80's, but with a good enough image from a digital camera, he could do anything.  The advantage of him having a "crayon rub" or an original to duplicate is there is more than likely sun fade so you want the exact decal to cover this back up.  And again, any decal with more than one color would be "layered" vinyl decals, not a single ink printed decal.

Messer

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2009, 02:40:39 PM »
Brandon,
  I appreciate you asking your friend. I am interested.. as well as others. I have an 84 so the plain ol white 'bubble style" is my preference. If it looks like yours when all is said and odne then i think I'll like it. As soon as he mentions a price let me (us) know. Thanks again!

Offline brandon

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2009, 02:43:52 PM »
By the way, if Ron still has, or wants to make these decals, buy them from him as he is the reason everyone is looking for them to begin with.  With all the advice and knowledge he is offering, we may need to start a tip jar!

Offline Greg

• Dealer.com
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2009, 08:19:56 AM »
I would love to purchase the Bubble Script transom decals.  Ultimately looking for the white bubble script decals for the Sides.

Offline tkirch

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2009, 08:41:19 PM »
I would love the Shield Decal as well as the Bubble Script for the American skier,  I have a 1979 with these decals and my shield is faded and on the RH side i have a few damaged letters, minor dock scrapes from prior owner.