Author Topic: barefoot boom  (Read 13542 times)

Offline art

barefoot boom
« on: August 17, 2010, 09:50:10 AM »
I am interested in acquiring a boom for my '89 Am Skier Advance.

Offline chrisheile

Re: barefoot boom
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 12:12:41 PM »
Navigation Company in Conneaut Lake did have a used one there.  Not sure if it's still available.  www.navcompany.com 
Use my name.
2002 American Sker Pro

Offline Joel

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 03:06:11 PM »
I've got one that came with my boat...  Looks to be in good shape.  My kids already know how to get up long line and I dont foresee any of us actually "footin" any time soon.  Where do you live???  Shipping one of these things wont be cheap!
Joel - Columbus, OH - 1991 Advance

Offline Mike Harry

• Captain
  • 1986 American Skier Barefoot Skier
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 02:00:40 AM »
I dont know if this is a good deal or not. Never been into barefootin. If it is and you want it, its close to me I could pick it up for you, or they might ship it to you I dont know.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/spo/1900145813.html

Offline Joel

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 08:48:07 AM »
Thats about the going price...  Mine is in better shape and I'll let it go for $200.  Again, shipping could be high cause they are heavy, but its yours if you want it!

Offline art

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 09:53:57 AM »
I'm in Indianapolis, IN Joel - where are you?  Any pics?

Offline Joel

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 11:36:58 AM »
I'm in Columbus, OH...  actually not that far, about three/four hours if you go the speed limit.  I'll see about getting you some pics - its pretty basic, black, nice & straight, cable is in good condition, doesnt look like its been abused or anything...  :)

Offline art

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 10:48:24 AM »
Do you know what brand it is?  I may have a relative coming through Columbus to Indy around Labor Day who could potentially pickup and drop off.  Let me know about the photos - if you know the brand or model I can look some up online instead.

Offline Joel

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 01:10:28 PM »
That should work...   I'll try to attach pics   :-[   If I cant, here's a discription:  Its a two piece black pole set-up with a base clamp (all heavy aluminum).   Both poles are straight, some of the black paint is worn off near the ends, etc, but both are in very good condition.  The clamp bolts onto your pylon via allen wrench bolts and the base pole uses a single bolt/nut to the clamp.  The clamp has adjustable holes to raise or lower the pole - about a six inch difference from the top hole to the bottom.  The second pole inserts into the outboard side of the base pole - gravity and the cable hooked onto the bow eyebolt holds the second pole in the base.  The cable is SS and is covered with a heavy duty platic coating - no knicks, cuts, scrapes - in very good condition.  The when assembled, the base pole sits across the teak wood step on my boat's side so its a good fit for my Advance - other than that, there isnt anything holding the base pole up off of the boat's side...

Like I said, I'll try to post pics...    Let me know.  If you dont want it, I'll save it for my boy...  He's a nut, he'll try anything ONCE  :)

Offline Joel

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 01:54:49 PM »
Art,

I attached pics in a photo album titled "barefoot boom" under MEDIA in Joel's photo albums.  I dont know the name of the manufacturer - the label is long gone.

Let me know.  Thanks,  Joel

Offline John Doerfler

• 83 American Skier
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 08:27:46 PM »
Hugh!  Barefoot Boom!  It just so happens that I have been day dreaming about one lately.  Joel, if you guys dont come to an agreement on the boom, let me know!
John Kyle Doerfler

Offline art

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2010, 08:42:43 AM »
Thanks for the pics Joel. 

My relative is no longer coming through Columbus around Labor Day.  Any guess as to what shipping might cost?

Offline Joel

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2010, 03:17:50 PM »
Havent a clue really...  It would be pretty dang high - these things are NOT light weight at all...

I just got back in town from Denver & am going to Wash D.C. next week.  I'll be in for labor day weekend and then off to Corbin, KY, for a week of skiing & I'll be taking the boom with me for that (if its not sold)...  I really dont want to deal with trying to ship this thing...   If you or anyone could make it here labor day weekend that would probably work the best.  If not, I'll probably put it away for the winter in early Oct with the boat...

Offline art

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 01:55:26 PM »
I understand not wanting to mess with the shipping.  I saw a guy quoting $125-175 to ship one in a craigslist ad which added to your price would put it out of my budget anyway. 

I am not going to be able to get there Labor Day and my relative won't be coming through as I originally anticipated. 

Driving 7 hours isn't going to be cost effective for me either, so I'm out.  John mentioned above that he's interested - perhaps he can get there to pick up.

Thanks.

Offline Joel

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2010, 04:24:15 PM »
Thanks Art...  Sorry it didnt work out.  I'll keep John in mind, although I'm taking it on a week long ski trip this week.  I may decide to keep it or one of my brother's friends (people with way too much $$) may want it - which would pay for the trip and the beer and the gas and the food...  :)

Thanks again.  Joel