Author Topic: 3rd Annual Reunion Attendance  (Read 50896 times)

Offline RonT

• Administrator
    • RonTanis
  • Boat Make/Model/Year: American Skier/Eagle V-25/2001
Re: 3rd Annual Reunion Attendance
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2014, 01:06:42 PM »
We met in 2011, 12, 13 but not this summer. The first 2 were in West Tennessee, the last one in East Tennessee. Neither location had a "resident" A/S Owner, but was a compromise location to make it easier for members to get there. Both were on large lakes/rivers with adequate housing. Neither my family nor my brother Dans family were able to attend anything this summer. (did attempt a mini-reunion in Fl in the spring) I made this suggestion before & I'll throw it out there again to see if it gets any traction. Odd years in Florida, Even years in Midwest????  It really helps if there is a local member who can scout the location and make informed recommendations. 

Offline backfoot100

• Eddie
  • Boat Make/Model/Year: 86 Barefoot Skier
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2014, 09:24:27 AM »
I guess it would be a possible option. I would question time frames.
A northern reunion would have to be in summer. What about FL? Summer is an option but it's hot and the rainy season meaning PM showers potentially every day. Or do we do FL reunion in the spring?
Then do you wait a year and a half or do two in a 6-8 month period?

I like the idea but the central location for everybody was nice too. There were questions about different re reunion logistically would have less participation than a single central location.

Just some thoughts.

When people run down to the lake to see what is making that noise, you've succeeded.

Offline USAskier

« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2014, 03:44:50 PM »
I'm a resident in Florida and yes the rainy season is in summer but it doesn't ruin a whole day just the last couple hours of it.

Offline 91amskierlove

• Boat Make/Model/Year: American Skiier Legend 1991
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2014, 09:18:35 PM »
Hi, how about lake powell for those of us in the west ? ;)

Offline DustinS

• Boat Make/Model/Year: 1983 Barefoot/Volonte
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2014, 08:44:10 AM »
I have always wanted to do this! I'm from Kansas so Midwest is where I would heading from! If I ever get off my butt and order my steering cable from Ron  ;)
Dustin

Offline deanharvey

• The one with the most toys wins!
  • Boat Make/Model/Year: American Skier TBX 2000 and TBX 2003
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2014, 01:22:03 AM »
Lake Conroe here in the Houston area is centrally located warm and has tons of accommodations. I have never been to a reunion but it looks like fun. Only owned my TBX for a little over 1 year.

Offline PaulM

« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2014, 10:27:44 PM »
Looking forward to the next reunion.......wherever???

Offline h2go4it

• Boat Make/Model/Year: American Skier Advance 1987
2016 Annual Reunion
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2015, 10:16:04 PM »
Hey Guys!

I am new to the Club and just bought my '87 Advance in September 2015.  I have been an avid slalom skier for over 40 years!  I got excited when I discovered that y'all have had some American Skier reunions and I am ready for another!  I haven't found any comments about a 2016 Reunion..... anyone making plans?

I have read comments from the 2013 Reunion of folks scattered out across the U.S. and realize that it is tough to accommodate those that are either extreme east or west.  I do like the idea of having only one reunion for all, since the turnout has been small thus far.... the more together, the better!  We have some excellent water in Central Arkansas with 4 lakes within 30 miles of Hot Springs. Plenty of accommodations, restaurants, and things to do.  I have lived on Lake Catherine (the smallest of our lakes - and best skiing water IMO) since 1970 and know the area well.  I will be glad to supply any desired info.

With that said, I am willing to go wherever possible to best suit the whole.  Let's get together!

Brian