Author Topic: Rear seat  (Read 8025 times)

Offline amerskier

• Boat Make/Model/Year: american skier/advance/1989
Rear seat
« on: May 30, 2013, 12:01:20 PM »
I have an 89' Advance that came rear seat delete from the factory. Wondering if anyone has one for sale or knows where I can buy one ?
Cory
89 Advance

Offline Mike Harry

• Captain
  • 1986 American Skier Barefoot Skier
Re: Rear seat
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 01:37:30 PM »
The rear seat was not delete, it was an option to buy from factory if my memory serves me. I dont have one I would sell, but they are easy enough made if you could see one (at least mine is) I believe yours is a little more complex than mine. Mine is simply 2 pads (seperate) one that sits on the floor and snaps in place and one that snaps in place across the back of the boat.

Offline amerskier

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 03:42:13 PM »
Thanks Mike appreciate the response. I know my boat was actually used as a comp ski boat on the circuit for a guy that skied for American Skier in 89'. I am assuming that was the reason for not having the seat. I haven't seen enough pictures of the 89' boat rear seat to know what they look like. I would like to reproduce what looks original if possible, but if not I will make something.

Thanks Cory
Cory
89 Advance

Offline Mike Harry

• Captain
  • 1986 American Skier Barefoot Skier
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 07:06:27 PM »
Thats Usually the Case. Some Guys Got The Rear Seat To Help The Resale After Comp Use Because They Knew It Would Turn Into A Family Boat Or Whatever........ Some Didnt Do It, Obviously.

Offline RonT

• Administrator
    • RonTanis
  • Boat Make/Model/Year: American Skier/Eagle V-25/2001
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 07:15:55 AM »
89 model rear seats were a complicated 8 piece sectional, the corners were bolted in from behind, the bases were wood wrapped in carpet, the center cushion was a lift out cushion for easy access to step over the transom, and had a press in carpeted center board covering the fuel tank. The redesign is much simpler, (1) piece back panel fabricated from Starlite, an aluminum frame for the bottom that has right & left cushions attached, a center section made of grooved starboard for a step , and a removable center cushion that goes over it. Under the rear seat is open for air to dry the carpet or stow shoes etc. I plan on having one of these at the reunion for anyone who needs to look at it. 

Offline Joel

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 11:10:07 AM »
Seems like it changed every year.  My rear seat is a six piece configuration consisting of 2 low & heavy plastic bases (screwed into the floor) port & stbd.  Wood - notched - supports on the inside edges of each base to hold the center seat with a center rear cushion held in place by pressure and wide velcro strips.  Both the center seat & rear cushion are removable for easy access to the stern without having to remove the small, but functional, port & starboard seats.  Take out four lag screws and the whole kit-&-kabootle comes out in about 2 minutes!  Actually a pretty handy design  :)

My boat will also be at the Reunion if anyone wants to take a gander!  Its going to be the "sample" boat for the tech sessions given by Ron & Dan!   Being a 91 Advance it seems to be have a good mix of both - the old & new(er) designs!  Hopefully they'll fix some things WHILE THIER IN THERE...  LOL!!!  :)

Joel
Joel - Columbus, OH - 1991 Advance

Offline amerskier

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 01:43:32 PM »
Thanks for all the responses. Wish I could make the reunion to take a look at the one Ron T will have there. Unfortunately I live on the West Coast so a little too far away for me! Ron if you get a chance at the reunion to take a couple of pictures I would much appreciate it. thanks again for the input.
Cory
89 Advance

Offline Daximus

• Boat Make/Model/Year: American Skier Advance 1986
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 10:02:59 AM »
Apologies for bringing up an old thread. Was shopping around for seat options...seems like to do everything right with all the parts (some tools) is pretty expensive so I was looking (just looking) at alternatives.

Anyone ever take something like this and cut it down to fit?

Thoughts?  http://veada.com/freedom-pontoon-seats/freedom-fr05-pontoon-bench.html

At that price, if I could modify it, seems cheaper than building...and easily removable.
1986 Advance