Author Topic: Rudders  (Read 4069 times)

Offline RonT

• Administrator
    • RonTanis
  • Boat Make/Model/Year: American Skier/Eagle V-25/2001
Rudders
« on: January 13, 2010, 12:12:33 PM »
Over the years there were several different rudders used from various vendors and many are still available as new OEM parts. However there were only two basic shapes used, the "blade" style and the "teardrop" style. Variations included shaft diameter, length, machined keyway location, and trim tab (1996-2002) Some with ni-bral posts, most with stainless posts. Those in need may contact me to determine which replacement rudder and or rudder port is available.

Offline ros12705

Re: Rudders
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 05:26:07 PM »
 First posts,,, I have a 1983 skier with a 351w... I live In Satellite Beach Fl and use it in the Indian RIVER...salt.. This is the first inboard boat, I have ever seen here... About the 5TH VOYAGE,, SHEARED THE RUDDER OFF... reck-tangle type rudder..thaught i broke the stearing cable,, jumped into the water and the rudder was offf..... BEER , WOMEN, BIG AIR ,NEW TOWER FIRST MAIDEN VOYAGE with tower ,SOUND SYSTEM... ROCKING....ALL OVER,, putted in with a pice of ply wood that is the cover for the rear cover area to stear your way home.. What do you DO,, have 4000.00 INVESTED.. LOST... friend called me and related that Jody at floridainboard.com has a 2008 master craft rudder that would work... bolt paterns ligned Up.. had a new gtease fitting,,,, better Tear drop style rudder.... This is Way better.. No more packing... only grease.... no reto fit's..... SO with my LITTLE exp/knoledge with inboards..... their is alot of options.. than looking for original stuff.... COME visit FLA .... I have been looking for ams people... Talk LATER Mike Ross......

Offline Joel

Re: Rudders
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 02:23:38 PM »
Wow!  What a way to start the day and then have your rudder "go away"....  Sounds like everything worked out in the end.  Thanks for the info on possible rudder replacements.  I was fortunate enough to snag Brandon's AM Skier rudder so I should be good to go for a while yet.
Joel - Columbus, OH - 1991 Advance