Author Topic: NEW SITE UPDATES  (Read 4710 times)

Offline RonT

• Administrator
    • RonTanis
  • Boat Make/Model/Year: American Skier/Eagle V-25/2001
NEW SITE UPDATES
« on: June 24, 2015, 08:19:48 AM »
Changes have been made to the original site, some ore obvious. We have not officially announced the re-opening as we are still fine-tuning several things. Consider this a beta version. Those who are currently using the site are the "die-hard" A/S friends, and you are the ones I am looking for to critique what we have done so far. The most obvious is the front page, we have room for 6 rotating pictures and I really want to add/subtract pictures from the forum family on a regular basis and will be asking for pics. Let me know what you think!  RonT

Offline backfoot100

• Eddie
  • Boat Make/Model/Year: 86 Barefoot Skier
Re: NEW SITE UPDATES
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 10:16:07 AM »
I absolutely LOVE IT. Ironically, the front page looks very familiar to CCFan front page too which was just recently redone. Much more modern and inviting.
Yes, definitely change up pics periodically. It would be really nice to see.

It's nice to have the site back up and running although the amount of followers and the traffic is somewhat demeaning. Especially when compared to a site like CCFan, Planet Nautique, the MC site or several others.
Then again, you have to consider the amount of owners compared to the "other guys". When you have 400 possible owners every year of manufacture vs. 2000+ the numbers definitely tip in the direction of the other guys. I get that, but it still would be nice to see more owners getting on board.

My hats off to whomever got it back up and going. I missed it....a lot.

When people run down to the lake to see what is making that noise, you've succeeded.

Offline RonT

• Administrator
    • RonTanis
  • Boat Make/Model/Year: American Skier/Eagle V-25/2001
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 10:43:11 AM »
BJ & I are doing it, my web guy is actually doing the hard stuff. The new front page is what they call responsive, meaning it is suppose to work better on mobile devices. Send me a good pic & let me try & put it up there. (email to tanisr-d@charter.net)
RonT

Messer

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 12:47:44 PM »
Ron, great  to see the site back! I'm on mobile as I ride back from Key West. Haven't looked thru anything yet except the front page. I'm a fan of the older skiers, but take what I can get. I would rather read thru old post than a book anyday.

Offline PaulM

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 11:05:56 PM »
Many THX to Ron & BJ getting the website back up!  If there is anything the "Michigan connection" can do to facilitate the new forum, do not hesitate to ask.  Paul & Don, 88 Advance owners