Author Topic: barefoot watersking  (Read 4482 times)

Offline DOUG REX

• Boat Make/Model/Year: american skier barefoot skier 1982
barefoot watersking
« on: March 25, 2016, 04:25:39 AM »
For anybody looking to learn barefoot sking or clean up there skills I highly recommend world barefoot center in winter haven flordia. I am on the last day of a 5 day ski session with them. The guys are awesome, they treat you like family, I started skiing 2 years ago after a 30 year dry spell, just like riding a bike you don't forget you just get rusty, these guys clean up that rust and make life a lot easier. They are amazing!

Offline lcgordon

• Boat Make/Model/Year: 1994 TBX
Re: barefoot watersking
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 07:25:01 AM »
Man your lucky. Would love to get down there. I do watch their videos they are very informative.

Offline backfoot100

• Eddie
  • Boat Make/Model/Year: 86 Barefoot Skier
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 07:50:20 PM »
So, I saw that Doug posted this thread first thing this morning a I immediately shot him a PM to get in touch with me. Then I called up my buddies at WBC and made sure that they told Doug to call me for extra measure.

In the end, Doug and his wife Laurie got together for dinner with me and my ski partner John and our wives. It kinda felt like we've known each other for years. Awesome people and of course never even gave a thought to get some pics.
DAYAM!!!!
Anyway, it was pleasure and on behalf of my wife and I, we hope to get to see them again in the future. Maybe to even do some skiing together. That would be really cool.

Thanks Doug and Laurie. It was a pleasure!!!!!
When people run down to the lake to see what is making that noise, you've succeeded.

Offline DOUG REX

• Boat Make/Model/Year: american skier barefoot skier 1982
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 06:51:33 AM »
Eddie, it was great to meet all of you, I wish we could have meet as soon as I got here.
Next time I will be sure to let you know on my way down, I am planning a late October trip to finish up ski season. I would have loved to go skiing with you and John today, next time for sure we will get out, have a good ski today.

Offline Mike Harry

• Captain
  • 1986 American Skier Barefoot Skier
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 02:29:51 AM »
You guys better let me know.................