Author Topic: Surgery  (Read 5507 times)

Offline RonT

• Administrator
    • RonTanis
  • Boat Make/Model/Year: American Skier/Eagle V-25/2001
Surgery
« on: April 11, 2016, 07:57:44 AM »
Well this past weekend I attended a 3 day destination wedding (for me it was pretty close) in New Orleans, and thought I got into trouble. I was suppose to be "off the clock" all weekend but I had an A/S owner about to cut into his rear floor to repair swim platform brackets so I gave him my cell number , told him where i would be and call with questions. Don't ask me why but Friday afternoon I found myself sitting in the bridal preparation suite where all the young girls were primping for the big event, and I was looking for any excuse to step into the hall, or be called to do anything else. Then the cell rings, all the girls in their fancy little  robes looked & said phones weren't allowed in there. (I have a dumb phone, it doesn't take pics) I answered the phone & it was my A/S owner looking for the "next steps", I stepped into the hall, spent not enough time explaining where & how to cut his floors and stepped back into the room full of half naked girls and sat back down in my chair waiting. One of the young ladies asked my date if everything was ok, she replied, one of his children is in surgery right now they probably had a question for Ron. The girl looked puzzled, then asked how old the child was, she told her I think it's an '86 model. With that the girl looked even more confused, does he have that many kids that they just call them by the year they were born? My date replied, girl you have no idea how many calls he gets from his children from all over the world, but he loves every one of them! Even the ones from a different daddy named Elan. Later the next day the girl asked me how the surgery went with my child, I said the report came back successful, they cut out a floor section, reinforced the back with new plates, installed new bolts and and sealed her up, with a very puzzled look she simply said "glad she is doing alright".

Offline backfoot100

• Eddie
  • Boat Make/Model/Year: 86 Barefoot Skier
Re: Surgery
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 10:40:44 AM »
ROFLMAO.
Wow, nice way to jump start my week.
When people run down to the lake to see what is making that noise, you've succeeded.

Messer

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 10:28:55 PM »
I certainly appreciated the medical advice I've received over the years...

Oh and Ron... I had Master Craft (1980) owner tell me and another guy at the marina yesterday that American Skier used MC hulls for a few years. I gently advised him that AS never used MC hulls. He asked where I got my info, to which I advised, "the guy who built them!"...

Offline backfoot100

• Eddie
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 05:35:05 AM »
I certainly appreciated the medical advice I've received over the years...

Oh and Ron... I had Master Craft (1980) owner tell me and another guy at the marina yesterday that American Skier used MC hulls for a few years. I gently advised him that AS never used MC hulls. He asked where I got my info, to which I advised, "the guy who built them!"...

Ah yes. I get that all the time by tremendously misinformed MC and CC owners.
When people run down to the lake to see what is making that noise, you've succeeded.

Offline lcgordon

• Boat Make/Model/Year: 1994 TBX
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 07:29:44 AM »
One guy I ski with still asks what company built the AS boats. I calmly say they built their own.

Messer

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2016, 12:27:25 AM »
Correct Craft named some of theirs American Skiers for a few years, but I think they got the legal nudge to stop since there was already an American Skier named company.

Offline backfoot100

• Eddie
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2016, 06:37:44 AM »
Other way around. CC did have a model named American Skier long before the first A/S came out of the mold. They didn't have it copyrighted though and lost in court if I recall correctly.

Offline Mason

• Boat Make/Model/Year: 1991 Volante
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2016, 01:13:48 PM »
I hope the wedding was also a success too. 

Talking boats is one of very few things more important than a room full of half naked girls.
Nathan Penley