Author Topic: Holley 4160 inlet size  (Read 5555 times)

Offline coeperc

• Coe Percussion
  • Boat Make/Model/Year: American Skier 1981
Holley 4160 inlet size
« on: August 04, 2017, 03:31:24 PM »
I'm replacing my automotive Holley on my 351w ford commander with a marine Holley 4160.  Can someone tell me the inlet thread size on the Holley and what kind of fitting I will need?  The automotive holley that is currently installed has a barbed fitting going into the inlet on the carb with a rubber fuel line from the fuel pump.  I'd like to replace that rubber line with either a hard fuel line, or a braided marine approved line.  In either case I'll need the correct fitting to thread into the carb inlet and I'm unsure what thread size it is and a good place to get it.  Thanks.
-Matt
Matt
81 American Skier

Offline backfoot100

• Eddie
  • Boat Make/Model/Year: 86 Barefoot Skier
Re: Holley 4160 inlet size
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 04:29:01 PM »
I'm not positive what the size is but it's definitely standard. Go to any speed shop and they'll get you squared away in pretty short order. Someplace like Summitt would easily be able to help you out too with a little search.
When people run down to the lake to see what is making that noise, you've succeeded.

Offline coeperc

• Coe Percussion
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 04:45:04 PM »
Yea I'll probably just take it over to NAPA and see what they can suggest.  I had been looking on Summitt without luck but maybe I need to call them.

Thanks,
Matt
Matt
81 American Skier

Offline backfoot100

• Eddie
  • Boat Make/Model/Year: 86 Barefoot Skier
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 04:32:42 AM »
Hey Matt,
Looking at this closer you already have the standard inverted flair fitting on that carb. A new hard fuel line will be flaired and have the fitting that will screw right into that inverted flair.

If you decide that you want to put in the braided line, you'll have to get another fitting on the carb that matches whatever fitting comes with the braided line. You may also need to modify the fitting at the fuel pump if you decide to go this route

This is the inverted flair.
https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/carburetor_components/fittings_fuel_lines_and_gauges/fittings/parts/26-26

When people run down to the lake to see what is making that noise, you've succeeded.

Offline coeperc

• Coe Percussion
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 01:21:37 PM »
Ok yea so 5/8"-18 is the thread size.  My preference is going to be a hard line so I'll see what I can find out at NAPA when things get closer to installing this.
Thanks!
-Matt
Matt
81 American Skier