Author Topic: 1991 American Skier Volante - $6,500 (Orlando, FL)  (Read 3083 times)

Offline NFSEvolutionGSR

• Boat Make/Model/Year: 1991 American Skier Volante
1991 American Skier Volante - $6,500 (Orlando, FL)
« on: May 28, 2019, 06:13:34 PM »
I hate to do this, but it has come time to sell my 1991 Volante (or "Blue Devil").  I am the third owner of this boat, and it has lived on the same lake since new (literally moved three docks down).  The motor (351W) has 410 hours, and all service is up to date.  The transmission is a BorgWarner Velvet Drive (1:1?).  The following items have been changed or replaced:

Drivetrain:
-Brand New Holley 4160 4BBL Marine Carb*
-New Electronic Ignition (Skip White Performance) w/ HEI Wires*
-New Valve Covers (P/C'ed Prizmatic Bamboozled Blue)
-New Oil Pressure Sender
-New Marine Permanent Magnet Starter
-New ACME 541 3-Blade
*Timing and Fueling set by Bull's Inboard Marine Power (BIMP) in Orlando.  Everything runs and drives like new.

Compression was perfect at last check.  Transmission appears to be in good shape.  Prop does not spin in neutral, and response in both directions feels good.  Shaft alignment was done last year.  A whopping 10 hours have been put on the boat since then.  The impeller, spark plugs, strut bearings, and all fluids have been replaced regularly.  I use Shell Rotella 15W-40, and oil pressure is solid.  Water temperature is perfect every time, too.  All filters have been replaced (AWS and Primary Fuel).  The stock fuel hardline was replaced with the SkiDim flexible line (Braided High Pressure Hose, AN Fittings).  The accessory V-Belt has also been replaced.  Shaft packing has ~5 hours on it (drip rate is perfect).  I am sure that there is a bunch that I am forgetting.

Steering:
-New Rudder Post and Seals
-New Seastar QC Steering Cable

Every piece of the steering system has been gone through and either repaired, re-machined, or replaced.  The helm is a Teleflex tilting unit.  The boat can be steered with damn near one finger.  It is unreal.

Hull/Hardware:
-Type-II PVC CNC'ed Swim Platform (Can Make More Upon Request) - Impact and UV Resistant
-New American Skier Graphics (Exact Duplicate of Original)
-Completely Redone Vapor System (Stock system was pretty much non-functional)
-New Fuel Sender and Fuel Gage (Works Correctly)
-GPS Speedometer (Stock Pickups Removed, Holes Glassed and Gel'ed Over)
-New Radio and Speakers (Everything Works)

I have not replaced the throttle or shift cables.  I put grease in the shifting mechanism, and everything feels good.  The interior is mostly original, and it has held up amazingly well.  There are no major rips or tears in anything, and the driver's seat still looks awesome.  This boat has lived in a covered boat dock (high and dry) since new, so there have been no serious issues with this thing since I bought it.  The trailer that it comes with is an aluminum dual axle trailer.  It has all new hardware, Continental suspension system, new hubs, new wheels and tires, new cross-members (U-Bolted with 1/4" ASTM A36 Plates, no Welding).  All lights are hardwired with RayChem connectors.  Everything works, and registration is up-to-date and ready to go.

Since I don't really use the boat, it is time to move on.  I have learned a ton about inboard boats, and it has been an awesome experience.  Ron has been very helpful, and this is a great community.  I trust that my boat will find a good home.

Asking Price: $6,500 (Firm)