Author Topic: New Member/New Owner general questions  (Read 3654 times)

Offline CJTHOMP

• Boat Make/Model/Year: 1991 American Skier Legend
New Member/New Owner general questions
« on: October 16, 2019, 07:02:20 PM »
Hey guys this past Sunday I bought my first ski boat, I started out on a Mastercraft prostar 190 and much later a beautiful x23(both friend of the families boats). Since I was a junior in high school I have tried to buy a prostar 205(always my dream boat considering I live in middle TN closest to the river but close enough to the lake I wanted something to easily take on both). However after buying my first house 2 months ago I needed a new toy(I’m 21 with no wife or kids) and  I found online a 1991 American Skier Legend(I’ll try and post pictures tomorrow). The boat has just shy of 1200 hours and is in overall good shape, needs some wax but there is no yellowing and minimal dings and scratches. The motor cranks right up and seems to be in good condition and taken care of as the bilge and water pump have been replaced as well as all the belts on the motor plus some other things I can’t remember right now. I got the boat for $2500 after some haggling however the prop has broken off and the drive shaft and prop need to be replaced as there aren’t any threads left on it. This is where my question begin, I’m needing to know what kind of shaft and prop I need to be looking into getting, size wise build material, etc. I would also like to know 3 blade vs. 4 blade props, what’s best? And what difference is it going to make for a mostly river boat. And also any tips for winterizing the boat would be fantastic! If you have any additional comments on things I should be weary of or look into please add them into it, I have wanted a boat for a long time and I feel like I have a decent one. Now I just want to do it right the first time. Thanks in advance!

Offline RonT

• Administrator
    • RonTanis
  • Boat Make/Model/Year: American Skier/Eagle V-25/2001
Re: New Member/New Owner general questions
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 08:41:51 AM »
Welcome aboard, your at the right place, this site is an extension of the OEM Factory and all of the contributors have been vetted and are reliable sources, and monitored for accuracy by American Skier.
For Parts we offer great pricing and service at : https://www.skiboatpartsonline.com/index.php
Here is the prop for basic skiing: https://skiboatpartsonline.com/Inboard-Ski-Boat-Parts/acme-props/acme-541-boat-propeller
There were more than 1 shaft length used in that model, call for directions on how to measure the shaft length
RonT  985-542-4336