Author Topic: 1988 American Skier Competition Ski Boat - Fender Well and Carburetor Needed  (Read 3390 times)

Offline competitionski1988

Hello,

New to the forum.  I have a 1988 American skier competition ski boat that I'm working on to get it back in the water.  Does anyone know where I can obtain a fender well that comes with the inside carpeted running board.  One of my fender wells is damaged and needs to be replaced.  Also, I need to replace my carburetor (four barrel) but unsure of which type/model to purchase.  The motor is a 8 cylinder Indmar, serial number IF-882199.  I also need to know if its is either a Windsor or Cleveland. 

Any help here would be greatly appreciated,
Regards,
Kenny , Texas

Offline RonT

• Administrator
    • RonTanis
  • Boat Make/Model/Year: American Skier/Eagle V-25/2001
fender boards were made from 1/2" pressure treated plywood, you will need to re-create your own, each one was originally made to fit. The slant back steel fenders we have.
OEM carb was a Holley 600cfm 4 bbl. Marine carb., National carbureator in Jacksonville Fl. is a good source for rebuilding or buying new. We used Indmar Fords (std) & optional Chevys, the Fords were all "Windsor" blocks.

Offline competitionski1988

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the information, much appreciated.  I came across this fender that is the size of my existing fender with a fender pad. I think this will work as a replacement but need to call the company to find out what that fender pad is made of first.

https://ameratrailparts.com/products/single-axle-slant-back-fender-available-w-fender-pad?variant=12375495016491

Regards,
Kenny

Offline RonT

• Administrator
    • RonTanis
  • Boat Make/Model/Year: American Skier/Eagle V-25/2001
My only question with that when we built these trailers we "adjusted" the fenders to the chassis, then cut and fit the fender boards. We tried pre-cutting fender boards to a pattern but there were too many variables so we went back to cutting boards to fit each one. Fender looks like the one we carry.