Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
General American Skier Discussions / inmar engine quits after 4 min at idle
« Last post by Miller on August 22, 2020, 09:56:46 AM »
American Skier Indmar engine quits after 4 minutes consistently
Inboard Ski Boats For Sale / Re: 2001 American Skier Volante for sale
« Last post by mmann on August 20, 2020, 10:47:31 AM »
Sorry. I’m having difficulty uploading photos. 
Inboard Ski Boats For Sale / 2001 American Skier Volante for sale
« Last post by mmann on August 19, 2020, 07:58:37 PM »
I hate to do this, but the time has come to sell our American Skier.  I am the original owner of this awesome boat.  The Blue Thunder 320 HP Vortec 5.7 EFI-MPI has approximately 650 hours.  Stargazer Perfect Pass, Heater, Cover, Removable 4-way Convertible Rear Seat/Sundeck, Removable Teak Swim Platform, Tandem Axle trailer-Hinging Tongue, Hydraulic Surge Brakes.  $16,500
Boat Maintenance - All Ski Boats / Steering Cable Adapter
« Last post by Jterr on August 06, 2020, 02:47:39 PM »
Found this for folks who mount cable to short and need another 5" or so.
https://www.cpperformance.com/p-26607-5-steering-cable-extension.aspx
General American Skier Discussions / 79 18' skier coil part #
« Last post by Ripleyboater on August 02, 2020, 05:09:43 PM »
Does anybody have the part number for the distributor coil on a '79 18' skier... it has a commander 351... the coil that was on it was from Napa im not sure that it was the correct one.  I replaced it with another Napa coil that called for a different resistor it fired right up but idles at a lower rpm and needs to be warm to stay idling. I would like to get the verify the part number before I get another one any info would be appreciated  Thanks
Boat Maintenance - American Skier / '86 advance platform brackets
« Last post by GTRiem on August 01, 2020, 06:31:56 AM »
Hello all,
New to forum and American skiers.
This boat is in great shape, got it a few days ago. It drives and runs great.
The swim platform brackets are loose at the transom and I did a preliminary check to see if I could access the bolts.
loosened the fuel tank enough to try and reach my hand under to feel for an opening... is there access to the bolts behind or under the tank? I did not feel any openings.
If its a easy fix I'll tackle now, if not I'll wait until end of season and do it later.
thanks,
GTR
Site Suggestions / Issues / Comments / Can't post images?
« Last post by newbomb on July 27, 2020, 10:24:05 PM »
I have tried multiple times posting to the forum, but cannot post anything that contains an image. Anyone else having this issue?
Engine Repair/Maintenance - All Ski Boats / Re: Holley 4160
« Last post by backfoot100 on July 27, 2020, 10:48:52 AM »
Start by making sure the accelerator pump arm doesn't have any slop. It should be snug against the pump. The slightest movement of the throttle should get gas pumping out of the squirter nozzles in the throat of the carb.

Also make sure you have the idle air screws setup for the highest RPM or vacuum if you're using a gauge while warmed up and in gear. You can only do that on the water.
Engine Repair/Maintenance - All Ski Boats / Re: carburetor
« Last post by backfoot100 on July 27, 2020, 07:51:04 AM »
List number on the air horn and then look it up on Holley List number cross reference.
Engine Repair/Maintenance - All Ski Boats / Re: carburetor
« Last post by Jterr on July 25, 2020, 08:03:56 AM »
How do you know if you have a marine type or not??
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10